Release Date: March 21, 2021
Version 1.6.0 represents a major step forward for Block Visibility. The underlying “attribute” structure of the plugin has been overhauled, while maintaining backwards compatibility for versions 1.5.3 and lower. These changes will greatly improve plugin scalability.
Additionally, a new UI allows users to manage visibility controls at the block level. For a complete overview of this release, see the announcement article here: Version 1.6.0: Preparing Block Visibility for the Future.
- New UI allows users to toggle on and off the available visibility controls at the block level, making for a cleaner interface.
- New “control sets” attribute structure which improves the scalability of the plugin and allows nearly unlimited new features/functionality in the future.
- Updated all visibility frontend tests to respect new “control sets” attribute structure while maintaining backwards compatibility.
- Updated all editor conditional indicators to respect new “control sets” attribute structure while maintaining backwards compatibility.
- Removed the obtrusive “Customize controls” admin notice in the editor in favor of a dismissible one-time “Quick tips” popup for new users.
- Removed verbose attribute specification in the main plugin class for compatibility with blocks rendered server-side. This is no longer needed.
hide-control-section.jsand corresponding function are no longer needed.